I saw this wonderful sculpture when walking by the National Portrait Gallery in the Trafalgar Square. It is quite large and placed on a very tall pedestal. It is hard to see the figure's legs. The whiteness of the stone and the curvy forms contrast with the rest of the sharp and grey architectural features of the neighbouring Gallery and other buildings. I have noticed that pigeons like to sit on its head.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Untitled I
I saw this wonderful sculpture when walking by the National Portrait Gallery in the Trafalgar Square. It is quite large and placed on a very tall pedestal. It is hard to see the figure's legs. The whiteness of the stone and the curvy forms contrast with the rest of the sharp and grey architectural features of the neighbouring Gallery and other buildings. I have noticed that pigeons like to sit on its head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi O!
Nice discovery!
I always look for contrasts when taking photos... you can find it in so many ways-- contrast of form (like your photo), contrast of line, light, subject or colour. It always makes an interesting shot!
Post a Comment